Educating each student to succeed in and contribute to our global community by cultivating creativity, compassion and the pursuit of excellence.
We support Early Childhood’s goals by:
- Preparing students for school readiness
- Preparing our families for a higher level of meaningful parent engagement and self-sufficiency.
- Parents as leaders and school partners.
The Joseph E. Hill (JEH) Center for Early Childhood Education will provide comprehensive, multicultural early childhood developmental programming that effectively draws from and connects with our community to ensure that all children ages 0-5 and their family units experience a strength-based, anti-biased, respectful, and inclusive learning environment.
Children are valued for their abilities, their uniqueness, their wonder and curiosity, their perspectives, and their ability to play.
Families are valued for their customs and cultures, their perspective, their uniqueness, their commitment to work, home, school, and their vision for their children.
Staff are valued for their vision, their love for children, their gifts and knowledge, their perspective, and their commitment to families.
- We will support all children and their families in their efforts toward independent functioning, positive achievements and personal accomplishments.
- Teachers and parents/guardians will work together to enhance the children’s educational progress and development.
- The curriculum will meet the developmental needs of each child, ensuring their preparedness for kindergarten.
- Highly qualified teachers and staff will maintain quality programming through continued staff development.
- We will provide services to children and their families that are responsive to individual culture, values, belief systems and the future implications of individual needs.